The choice to send your child to P.S. 133 Fred R. Moore Academy demonstrates your high hopes for and expectations of your child, your family, and us. We share these high hopes and expectations with you, and we are committed to making them a reality as we work together to prepare your child for the future.

Registration Documentation and Requirements

To register your child at P.S. 133, please stop by our office with the following:

  • The child you are registering 
  • Proof of your child’s age (birth certificate, passport, or record of baptism) 
  • Immunization records (if available) 
  • Transfer students: Latest report card/transcript (if available) 
  • Two documents verifying proof of address. We will accept any two of the following items:
    • Lease agreement, deed, or mortgage statement for your residence
    • A residential utility bill (gas or electric) issued by a utility company (such as National Grid or Con Edison); must include the resident’s name and be dated within the past 60 days 
    • A bill for cable television services provided to the residence; must include the name of the parent, the address of the residence, and be dated within the past 60 days 
    • Documentation or letter on letterhead from a federal, state, or local government agency such as the IRS, the City Housing Authority, the Federal Office of Refugee Resettlement, the Human Resources Administration, or the Administration for Children’s Services (ACS) or an ACS subcontractor; must include the resident’s name and address and be dated within the past 60 days
    • A current property tax bill for the residence
    • A water bill for the residence dated within the past 90 days
    • Rent receipt that includes the address of residence and is dated within the past 60 days 
    • State, city, or other government issued identification (including an IDNYC card) that has not expired and includes the address of residence
    • Income tax form for the last calendar year 
    • Official NYS driver’s license or learner’s permit that has not expired 
    • Official payroll documentation from an employer such as a pay stub with your home address, a tax withholding form, or payroll receipt (we cannot accept a letter on the employer’s letterhead); must include your home address and be dated within the past 60 days
    • Voter registration documents with the name of the parent and the address of residence 
    • Unexpired membership documents based upon residency (such as neighborhood residents’ association) that includes your name and the address of residence
    • Evidence of custody of the child, including but not limited to, judicial custody orders or guardianship papers; documents must include the child’s name and address of residence and issued within the past 60 days

Students in Temporary Housing—McKinney-Vento Act

Pursuant to the McKinney-Vento Act, we do not require students living in temporary housing to submit documentation (including proof of address, date of birth, or immunizations) in order to enroll. Students in temporary housing are provisionally pre-registered; then we will proceed to work with the child’s DOE contact to obtain documentation. 

If you have questions, please contact Student in Temporary Housing Coordinator, Lizzette Alvarado.